Friday, February 3, 2012

Adventures In Blogging

I've wanted to start a blog for months now but didn't know where to begin or what to blog about.  I decided to just do it and write about things I love: faith, family, food, and fashion.  And so the adventure begins.  At any given moment you'll join me on my journey to grow, indulge, and inspire. 


I'll begin with the meaning behind my title, Feathers and Grace.  I was reading a devotion one day about a woman who had just heard a sermon about God's divine protection.  As she was going home she was attacked by several people trying to mug her.  She couldn't remember the exact scripture, but she just started yelling, "feathers! feathers! feathers!" and the muggers left her alone, unharmed. That serves to show us the power behind speaking forth the word of God - even if it is just one word.  This happens to be a reference to a scripture that I find particularly beautiful.
   
     He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will     be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4


How amazing it is to know that God Himself covers us and protects us under the feathers of His wings!

Grace, for me, has many meanings.  First of all, God's grace in my life has brought me to where I am right now.  His grace means so many things: unmerited favor, forgiveness, mercy, love, but most of all - empowerment.  His grace working through us allows us to do things that we otherwise never would be able to do or accomplish on our own.  It's His strength and power flowing through us to do what we've been called to do.

Second of all, Grace is my great-grandmother's name and my daughter's middle name.  I simply love the word and all that it means.  :)

So there you have it. Feathers and Grace = Protection and Empowerment. What better way to go through life than protected and empowered?


No comments:

Post a Comment